Saturday, October 3, 2009

Kron: “I see an evolution in my game”







Photo Eduardo Ferreira

One of the big names of the category until 169 pounds of ADCC 2009, that happened last weekend in Barcelona, Spain, Kron Gracie was going very well on the competition, until he faced the three times ADCC champion Marcelo Garcia. Submitted on the overtime, Kron said goodbye to the search for the gold on the quarter finals. On interview to TATAME after the fight, Kron talked about the defeat.

“Marcelinho is Marcelinho, I don’t need to say that he’s a talent on this sport. I gave the best of me, fought 100%, but my knee displaced and I fought like this the rest of the fight, get on the overtime and in the end I was in a good position“, remember, having to go to now or never when Marcelinho pass him on the score. “He made some points in the beginning of the overtime and I wanted very much to win the fight, I exposed myself, he caught my neck. It was a though fight, I respect him a lot, was one of the hardest fights in my life and I know I gave my life when I was fighting“.

Besides the defeat, Gracie see a lot of evolutions on his game. “I only fight the rough guys, the though guys, but I’m going there, slowly. I want to be what I can be in my life and I didn’t chose anything different, it’s my profession, I love to do this, love to fight, to train and to teach classes... I’ll bet he most that I can be. I see an evolution in my game“, affirmed Kron, and guarantee he’ll be on next competitions. “I’ll fight everything that shows up, no one will take me off easily like this“.

Fighting without his father presence in Barcelona, Kron guarantees that Rickson Gracie not beeing on the gymnasium don’t have any influence on his defeat. “My father already created me, he tried the whole life to make me the best person as possible. Here or not, I know he is in spirit, I know he was watching live“, said the black belt, joking that father’s absence is good to his health.

“A lot of times he is much more my dad and less my coach, so sometimes he gets very emotional and he’s getting old, I don’t want to give him a heart attack. If he were here yesterday (Saturday), maybe he had a heart attack on that last ten seconds I grabbed Marcelinho’s back. But we’re always together, we talk everyday on Skype, so I always feel connected with him, doesn’t matter if he’s here or not“, concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM