Thursday, May 14, 2009

Minotoro talks victorious debut in Brazil

By Guilherme Cruz

Photos Marcelo Alonso

 

The atmosphere was great even before Rogério “Minotoro” Nogueira’s fight, and the crowd was excited to see the idol fighting in his homeland for the first time after 20 fights in his career. Used to fight in the biggest events around the world, as Pride and Affliction, Minotoro dominated Dion Staring at Jungle Fight, which happened last weekend atFortaleza, Ceará, and, from the first minute, went inside the opponent and showed a great striking game, finishing the fight with a tight triangle choke. After the show inside the octagon, Minotoro spoke with TATAME.com about the victory, the fans and revealed: wants to fight again in Brazil.

 

What did you think about your first fight in Brazil?

 

It was good. Being in Brazil, I felt like I had to go inside and the responsibility of showing my work, show that the level is high. We train to reach the highest level. I think he (Staring) was a little slippery on the beginning of the fight, when we were at the ground I tried to pass the guard and I actually talked about it the with referee, but he said he had cleaned him before the fight. He was a tough guy, handled it and came here to win. I was faster, more trained… But he hits hard and, when worked on the ground and pound, I felt he still was alive on the fight.

 

And the energy coming from the crowd?

 

They were satisfied, I fought well standing, on the Muay Thai, knees, and, in the end, I finished it on the ground… It was a complete fight. I’m with a great ground game, Muay Thai and Boxing too, the guys were very happy and gave me a good energy. I had the responsibility and went inside all the time. For sure, this responsibility gives you an extra gas.

 

How did you like the organization of the event?

 

It was good. We’re used to fight overseas, but it was great here too. They had the support of the government, had a huge support. I think it was Wallid Ismail’s best event in Brazil. I had a locker room just for me, with fruits, food (laughs)… A great level.

 

After the fight, you needs a couple hours to reach the locker room with the fans all around you and your brother, right?

 

Yeah, I just left there one hour later, but it was great… That normal with that party, the fighter needs to have this responsibility with the fans, receive everybody, thank, take pictures with everyone who went there to see me…

 

After the debut, do you think about fighting again in Brazil?

 

Of course, absolutely… If there’s another opportunity, I’ll be back for sure.

 

What are you gonna do now? Your focus now is to help your brother’s preparation to fight Randy Couture?

 

I still don’t know when I’m going, I think I’m going to U.S. next week to do that movie with (Sylvester) Stallone, we’ll be there 12 days doing it. Rodrigo (Minotauro) went there today (yesterday) and, then, we’ll go toMiami or California to train.

 

Chick here and check the best photos of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM