Monday, June 8, 2009

André Galvão: “I’ll be ready to give my best”

By Guilherme Cruz

Photo Marcelo Alonso

 

On July 20, André Galvão will enter the Dream’s ring trying to become the Dream welterweight champion. Scheduled to face Jason High in the semifinals, the two times BJJ world champion is training with heavy sparrings in Los Angeles, USA. "I’m training hard, dedicating myself every day, seeking to improve the mistakes that I have and arrive ready in the fight. I’ll be ready to give my best, I want to get out of there with two more wins in my career and bring the belt", said the black belt, training with Anderson Silva and Rafael “Feijão” Cavalcante, among other fighters.

 

"I’m training with Anderson, Feijão, the guys. After Feijão’s fight, they’ll return to Brazil, but I’ll continue here, then I’ll go to San Diego train with (Fabrício) Morango,  and I’ll get there ready", says Galvão, who will follow the same training made for his debut at Dream, when he submitted John Alessio. "In my first fight, I was training with (Josuel) Distak, but Morango also helped me in the final stages. I still have seven weeks for the fight and I’ll go there three weeks before... There is enough training, I think everything will be ok".

 

As for his opponent in the semifinal, the Brazilian isn’t very concerned with the conduct of the fight. The Jiu-Jitsu ace saw Jason submit his opponent in only 59 seconds in the first stage of the tournament. "I know he is a Wrestler and has a Boxing, beyond the Jiu-Jitsu part, but I'm training to be well wherever the fight goes. I already saw some of his fights, he’s a good guy, fast and explosive, so I’ll try to make a game to null him, but this you will see at the time of the fight", warned Galvão, analyzing, also, the other semifinal of the GP, between Hayato Sakurai and Marius Zaromskis.

 

"Sakurai is more experienced, already fought in Pride and with great athletes, but Marius has also been dedicating himself, showed in the last fight that is tough. I think both will be ready to dispute the final", said the Brazilian, revealing his preference for the grand final. "Everyone has chances, but, if I could choose, I would like to fight against Sakurai, because he’s a more experienced guy, comes from victory over Aoki", says André. "Independent of that, I’m already studying Marius game... Fight is fight, is 50% for each side, but I think Sakurai will win”, finished Galvão.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM