Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Camões fought Pellegrino “in slow motion”


By Guilherme Cruz
Photo Josh Hedges

Last Saturday, Fabricio Camões wanted his first victory in the UFC, but Kurt Pellegrino surprised him. With a standing read naked choke locked, Camões was thrown to the ground in a smart move from the “Batman”, hitting the Brazilian’s head on the mat.

“I’ll tell you, after that I fought on the automatic, that was a real knockdown,” Camões told TATAME.com. “I hit me head on the ground and couldn’t keep pressuring him like before… I came back to the second round, but my arms were heavier. I just remember the flashes, I don’t remember anything from the second round, only that I tried to punch and saw him coming to take me down… It was everything in slow motion”.

While he had energy, Camões dominated the fight. “My strategy was to strike with him, but I decided to take him down, test his strength while we were 100%, and I realized I was stronger than him. I took him down, punched him and he gave me his backs. I was confident I’d submit him there”, regrets. After the loss, Fabricio focuses in the recovery to get back sooner. “The back of my head still hurts, but that’s ok. I’ll do some exams that the UFC asked and I’ll be back to training soon. I told Joe Silva (UFC matchmaker) that I wanna be back as soon as possible”, finished.

---------------------------------

Morango: “Fiquei lutando no automático”
Por Guilherme Cruz
Foto Josh Hedges

No último sábado, Fabrício Morango era o representante brasileiro no card principal do UFC 111, mas acabou surpreendido pela “malandragem” de Kurt Pellegrino. Num começo arrasador, Morango estava perto de conseguir a vitória com um mata-leão em pé, mas o gringo deu uma cambalhota, jogando o brasileiro com a cabeça no chão.

 “Vou te falar, depois daquela cabeçada eu fiquei lutando no automático, tomei um knockdown mesmo”, conta o peso leve, em conversa com a TATAME. “Bati com a cabeça no chão e não consegui manter a mesma pressão... Voltei para o segundo round, mas os meus braços estavam muito pesados. Eu só lembro de ‘flashes’, no segundo round eu não me lembro de nada. A única coisa que lembro foi de eu tentando acertar um cruzado e ele passando por baixo... Parecia que estava tudo em câmera lenta”.

Enquanto estava com energia, Morango dominava a luta. “Minha estratégia era trocar com ele no começo, mas decidi testar a queda dele, trocar uma força enquanto estávamos inteiros e percebi que estava mais forte que ele. Derrubei, comecei a bater e ele virou de costas. Estava confiante de que finalizaria ele ali... Vai demorar para engolir essa derrota”, lamenta. Após a derrota, Morango foca na recuperação para voltar mais forte. “Estou com a nuca muito dolorida ainda, mas faz parte. Vou fazer uns exames que o UFC pediu e já quero voltar a treinar. Falei para o Joe Silva (matchmaker do UFC) que quero voltar o quanto antes”, finalizou.

Confira o Arquivo UFC
Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM