Thursday, May 20, 2010

Alexandro Ceconi eyes World title


By Erik Engelhart
Photo Eduardo Ferreira

Alexandro Ceconi has been stealing the scene on 2010. Current champion on the heavy weight division of World Pro, the black belt became Brazilian champion last weekend, in Rio de Janeiro, winning the absolute champion of the event, Bernardo Faria.

Ceconi beat Leo Nogueira on the finale by a 5x2 score and explained why he did not dispute the absolute. “I would like to have disputed it, but it was not possible because I came from the Arab Emirates, kept on training hard and I had a fall of immunity. I spent the day of Friday in the hospital with a tonsillitis, then Saturday I came to the gym, but I was not felling fine and I decided it was best for me not to fight”, said.

The athlete used to conciliate the life of a fighter and of a car seller in a store. Two years ago the black belt quitted his job and focused only on his Jiu-Jitsu and then his career started to bring him great rewards. “I used to wake up at six o’clock to work out, then I went to my regular job, trained on the lunch break and then in the evening… It was exhausting and now, for the first time, I’m managing to have Jiu-Jitsu as my meal ticket and I can work on my conditioning and my feeding”, tells the fighter, who only thinks about the World.

“Last year I lost to Bráulio (Estima) on the semifinals, this year I’ve been training really hard and I hope I can bother them a little. I know I still have a lot to improve, but I know the road I have to follow. It’s a step by step work, this year I’m fighting with the expectation to better represent my gym than I did last year”, concluded the champion.

---------------------------

Ceconi quer “incomodar” no Mundial
Por Erik Engelhart
Foto Eduardo Ferreira

Alexandro Ceconi vem roubando a cena no ano de 2010. Atual campeão peso pesado do Mundial Profissional, o faixa-preta se sagrou campeão brasileiro no último final de semana, no Rio de Janeiro, vencendo inclusive o campeão absoluto do evento, Bernardo Faria.

Ceconi derrotou Leo Nogueira na final por 5 x 2, e explicou porque não disputou o absoluto. “Gostaria muito de ter lutado, mas não foi possível porque depois que eu cheguei dos Emirados, continuei treinando forte e tive uma queda de imunidade. Passei a sexta-feira no hospital com uma amigdalite, sábado vim aqui para o ginásio, mas estava muito mal e preferi não lutar”, disse.

O atleta conciliava a vida de lutador com a de vendedor de carros em uma autorizada. Há dois anos o faixa-preta largou o emprego, dedicando-se apenas ao Jiu-Jitsu, e sua carreira começou a decolar. “Acordava às seis horas da manhã para ir malhar, depois ia trabalhar e treinava ao meio dia na hora do almoço, depois treinava à noite... Era uma correria e agora pela primeira vez estou conseguindo viver só do Jiu-Jitsu, posso fazer uma preparação física adequada, me alimentar bem”, conta o lutador, que só quer saber do Mundial.

“No ano passado eu perdi para o Bráulio (Estima) na semi, esse ano eu venho treinando muito forte e espero incomodar eles. Sei que tenho que evoluir muito, mas sei o caminho que estou trilhando. Vou subindo de degrau em degrau, estou indo esse ano com a expectativa de representar a minha academia melhor do que no ano passado”, finalizou o campeão.

Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM