Friday, July 9, 2010

Feijão ready for King Mo: “It’ll be a war”


By Guilherme Cruz
Photo Esther Lin

With two wins in a roll on Strikeforce, Rafael Feijão will have the chance to fight for the belt of the American event, a goal he chase since the time he fought on the extinct EliteXC. With the duel almost set between him and the champion King Mo Lawal, the Brazilian talked to TATAME about the fight, analyzing the bout and revealing the emotion he feels having the opportunity to fight for the belt. “I’ll be a war, he’s very tough, but it’s one step I’ll have to take so I can make my dream come true. I want to leave there with a smile on my face and bring this belt to Brazil”, said, revealing the fact that his training partners Anderson Silva and the Nogueira brothers having trained with his opponent is an advantage.

Will your next fight will be against “King Mo”, for Strikeforce’s belt?

It’s not corfirmed yet, but they were speculating. It’s probable, like 90% of chances… For me it’ll happen, it up to them now.

He has an efficient Wrestling… How do you think this fight will be like?

He’s a complete fighter, I believe he’ll fight standing for a while. He pretends he’ll try to take you down all the time, he’s ambidextrous, so he’s a dangerous guy. My takedown defense is good, so I believe thing will go my way.

“King Mo” used to train with Anderson Silva and Rodrigo Minotauro on the United States. Do you see it as a problem?

Not at all, because that way I can know more about his game… I’m aware of what he does, the way he defends himself and I trust my ground game. If he takes me to the ground, it won’t matter. What a lot of people don’t know is that my ground game will make much difference on this fight, and if he puts me on the ground, I know the way to follow. I’m working on a good strategy and it’ll work. It’ll be a war, he’s a very tough guy, but is one step more I have to make to make my dream come true. I hope I leave there with a smile on my face and I’ll bring this belt to Brazil.

What does it feels like to have this chance for the belt, something you chase since EliteXC?

It’s my dream, man, that’s why I keep training. I’m very happy. I’ll face a really hard guy, but everything will work out just fine, if God helps me. Let’s bring this belt to Brazil. I’m training hard, I didn’t take a time off. I’m working here in Rio de Janeiro for six or seven years, and all I do is: eat, train and sleep. Who plants, reaps. That’s dedication. I’m graduated in veterinary and I never worked with it because I wanted to dedicate myself to it. I want to take this chance and thank Minotauro and Minotouro that always believed in me, and now it’ll be my glory, always with God’s bless. How many Robinhos do Brazil have and they never show up? I had this chance to appear because of them and thank’s God it worked out.

--------------------

Feijão elogia King Mo: “É um cara duríssimo"
Por Guilherme Cruz
Foto Esther Lin

Com duas vitórias seguidas no Strikeforce, Rafael Feijão terá a chance de disputar o cinturão do evento norte-americano, objetivo que persegue desde a época em que lutava no extinto EliteXC. Com o duelo praticamente acertado entre ele e o campeão King Mo Lawal, o brasileiro conversou com a TATAME sobre a luta, analisando o combate e revelando a emoção de disputar seu primeiro cinturão. “Vai ser uma guerra, ele é um cara duríssimo, mas é mais um passo para eu conquistar o meu sonho. Espero sair sorrindo e trazer esse cinturão para o Brasil”, disse, revelando que o fato de seus companheiros de treino Anderson Silva e os irmãos Nogueira terem treinado com o gringo será uma carta na manga.

Sua próxima luta será contra o “King Mo”, pelo cinturão do Strikeforce?

Não está confirmado, mas tiveram varias especulações. É bem provável, 90% de chances... Por mim vai acontecer, só depende deles agora.

Ele tem um jogo eficiente de Wrestling... Como você acha que será essa luta?

Ele é um lutador completo, acho que ele vai ficar um pouco em pé também. Ele finta muito bem as entradas nas pernas, é ambidestro, então é um cara perigoso. Minha parte de defesa de queda é boa, então vai dar tudo certo.

O “King Mo” costuma treinar com o Anderson Silva e o Rodrigo Minotauro nos Estados Unidos. Você acha que isso será um problema?

Não, problema nenhum, porque assim eu conheço ainda mais o jogo dele. Já estou por dentro do que ele faz, do jeito que ele se defende, e confio no meu chão. Se ele conseguir me derrubar, não vai ter muita diferença. O que muita gente não pode ver do meu chão vai aparecer bastante, isso se ele conseguir me colocar pra baixo, mas vai ser difícil. Estou fazendo uma estratégia muito boa e vai funcionar. Vai ser uma guerra, ele é um cara duríssimo, mas é mais um passo para eu conquistar o meu sonho. Espero sair sorrindo e trazer esse cinturão para o Brasil.

Qual a emoção de ter uma chance pelo cinturão, algo que você persegue desde o EliteXC?

É o meu sonho, cara, é por isso que venho treinando até hoje. Estou muito feliz. Vou pegar um cara duríssimo, mas vai dar tudo certo, se Deus quiser. Vamos lá trazer esse cinturão para o Brasil. Estou bem treinado, não fiquei parado nas férias. Estou trabalhando aqui no Rio de Janeiro há seis, sete anos, e só faço isso: como, treino e durmo. Quem colhe, planta. É dedicação. Sou formado em veterinária e não exerci minha profissão para me dedicar a isso. Quero aproveitar e agradecer ao Minotauro e Minotouro por sempre acreditarem em mim, agora vai ser a glória, sempre com a graça de Deus. Quantos Robinhos têm no Brasil e não aparecem? Eu tive a chance de aparecer por ele e graças a Deus deu certo.

Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME
http://www.tatame.com.br/2010/07/01/Feijao-Quero-trazer-o-cinturao-para-o-Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM