Thursday, July 8, 2010

Johnny fights for Shooto title, wants the UFC


By Eduardo Ferreira
Photo Eduardo Ferreira

With nine wins in a roll, Johnny Eduardo is training hard for a belt dispute He will do on South-America Shooto against Paulo Guerreiro, but he has higher goals. On an interview he gave to TATAME, the tough guy talked about his duel on Shooto, the international success of Nova União, his relationship with Bellator, where he won the one fight he did, and the dream of joining UFC. “I have this goal of conquest this belt exactly so I can get into a bigger event and get a better job”, said, talking about the loss of his coach Luiz Alves.

There is been a while since you last fought. Do you have anything schedule already?

Yes, I do. I’ll dispute the South-American title now on Shooto. This fight would have happened on the last edition of the event, but I had a finger injury, broke my finger and stay some time off action. I’m coming back now to fight against Paulo Guerreiro on August 7 for the South-American title and I’m sure it’ll be a great fight, a war.

You had a contract signed with Bellator, fought once and then never has been called again...

Yeah... In fact, I had a four fights contract with Bellator, I did Just one fight and I don’t know why I didn’t fight again… Honestly, I don’t know why they didn’t call me anymore. I don’t know if they didn’t like my fight, but I don’t care, I don’t have any contracts now and I’m coming back.

On this division there is also Aldo and Marlon. Can their titles open doors for you as well?

For sure. Not only for me, but for the whole team and not only on this division, but as for the other divisions too… It’s a door that has been opened not only in Japan, but also on the United States in other events.

What is lacking for you to get a bigger opportunity?

Man, I believe that God knows better, God prepares the trained ones. In fact, I’ve been preparing myself, training, looking for this opportunity with no rush. I’m waiting for my chance, so I don’t know what is lacking.

Do you believe that, if you conquest Shooto’s belt and then win two or three important fights, you can get into UFC, an event you have always wanted to join.

I hope so. I have this goal of conquest this belt exactly so I can get into a bigger event and get a better job, but it that doesn’t happen, it’s ok. I’ll keep doing my work here in my country and I’ll fight every chance I got, so I hope I can do a good fight.

Recently we had the loss of master Luiz Alves, who you considered like a father to you. How does it feel? Is it on the past or is it still too recent for you?

That affected me a lot. In fact, I didn’t only lose a coach, I lost a person I considered like a father to me. I have to be grateful for the time we had together, for everything I learned from him and I’ll always carry his name wherever I go, wherever I’m fighting on, I’ll always bring his name with me, what I learned with him, but life goes on… I believe that everything happens for a reason. It happened on an unexpected way, but I hope God blesses him and I hope that things work out just fine.

People were saying that Boxe Thai might close. Do you still think about it or are you leading the team in Rio de Janeiro now?

Boxe Thai will be opened under the administration of his wife, but I don’t have the autonomy to talk about the gym itself nowadays.

-------------------------

Johnny disputa cinturão e sonha com o UFC
Por Eduardo Ferreira
Foto Eduardo Ferreira

Com nove vitórias consecutivas, Johnny Eduardo está treinando duro para disputar o cinturão do Shooto Sul-Americano contra Paulo Guerreiro, mas sonha com vôos mais altos. Em entrevista à TATAME, o casca-grossa falou sobre o duelo no Shooto, o sucesso da Nova União nos ringues internacionais, sua relação com o Bellator, onde venceu sua única luta, e o sonho de entrar para o UFC. “Estou com essa meta de conquistar o cinturão justamente para poder entrar em um evento maior e ficar mais bem empregado”, disse, falando sobre a perda do treinador Luiz Alves.

Você está há um tempo sem lutar. Já tem alguma coisa marcada para a sua volta aos ringues?

Tem sim. Vou disputar o título Sul-Americano agora no Shooto. Essa luta era para ser na edição passada, mas eu tive uma lesão no dedo, vim a fraturar o dedo, e fiquei um tempo parado. Estou voltando agora e vou lutar contra o Paulo Guerreiro no dia 7 de agosto pelo título Sul-Americano e tenho certeza de que vai ser uma grande luta, uma guerra.

Você tinha contrato com o Bellator, fez uma luta lá e depois não te chamaram mais...

É... Na verdade, eu estava com um contrato de quatro lutas lá no Bellator, fiz uma só e não sei o porquê de eu não ter voltado, não sei por que não me chamaram, sinceramente. Não sei se não gostaram da minha luta, mas eu estou aí, sem contrato agora e estou voltando de novo.

Nessa categoria até 65kg tem o Aldo e o Marlon também. Esses títulos deles podem abrir as portas para você também?

Com certeza. Não só para mim, mas para toda a equipe da academia também, não só na categoria 65kg, mas como em todas as categorias... É uma porta que vem se abrindo não só no Japão, mas também nos Estados Unidos em outros eventos.

O que está faltando para que você consiga uma oportunidade maior?

Cara, eu acho que Deus sabe de todas as coisas, Deus prepara os capacitados. Na verdade, eu estou me preparando, treinando, buscando a minha oportunidade sem pressa. Estou esperando a minha oportunidade, então não sei te informar também.

Você acha que, conquistando o cinturão do Shooto e mais umas duas vitórias importantes, você consegue entrar para o UFC, um evento que você  sempre quis fazer parte?

Tomara. Estou com essa meta de conquistar o cinturão justamente para poder entrar em um evento maior e ficar mais bem empregado, mas se isso não acontecer, beleza. Eu vou continuar trabalhando aqui no meu país e todas as lutas que pintarem, eu espero que eu consiga fazer uma boa luta.

Recentemente tivemos a perda do mestre Luiz Alves, que você considerava um pai. Como está sendo isso para você? Já passou um pouco ou isso ainda está muito presente para você?

Isso mexeu muito comigo. Na verdade, eu não perdi só um professor, eu perdi uma pessoa que eu considerava um pai. Eu só tenho a agradecer pelo tempo que eu tive com ele, tudo que eu aprendi com ele e eu sempre vou levar o nome dele onde eu estiver, onde quer que eu vá lutar, eu vou levar o nome dele, o que eu aprendi com ele, mas a vida continua... Eu acho que tudo tem um propósito. Isso aconteceu de uma força muito inesperada, mas eu espero que Deus o tenha, que ele possa fazer uma boa passagem e tomara que as coisas aqui continuem bem.

Estavam considerando até fechar a Boxe Thai. Vocês ainda pensam nisso ou você está liderando a equipe agora no Rio de Janeiro?

A Boxe Thai continua sob a administração da esposa dele, mas eu também não tenho autonomia para falar da Boxe Thai em si, hoje em dia.

Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM