Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Rock wants to keep a good sequence


By Guilherme Cruz
Photo Eduardo Ferreira

Pedro Rizzo complained about the lack of fights for many years. But when he speeded up, the striker showed he still is in a good shape. Entering the ring for the third time on a 10 months period, Rizzo won all three fights and is regaining his old confidence every step he takes. On a quick chat with TATAME, which you check here below, UFC’s former fighter talked about the win over the legendary Ken Shamrock, his evolution on the last year and the expectation for a better fight in October.

What did you think of this last fight against Ken Shamrock? It came out like you hoped for?

I didn’t win like I wanted to, I thought I could have won on the first round because that was a personal demand, nobody else told me that, I believed I had the capacity of winning on the first round. I won, but I didn’t fight the way I wanted too. I believe I’m a little slow, heavy, I need to lose some pounds to become faster and quick, but I can say I evolved since my last fight. I fought better this time and I believe I’ll be perfect by October. I’m get my rhythm back, I’m be well trained and, if God helps me, in October I’ll fight like I want to. In order to fight in a high level, I have to improve some things.

Do you think the referee did wrong when he decided not to interrupt the fight on your last low kick and let it go?

I thought that, when he felt, Big John (McCarty) would stop it right away, but he didn’t so I went to try to submit him. I don’t think Big John was wrong, I believe that nowadays people are complaining a lot when they interrupt it too soon. I knew that Shamrock didn’t want to fight no longer. But John didn’t make a mistake, that’s my opinion. He just waited to see if the guy wanted to give it up.

You were complaining about the few number of fights, on a time you did just one fight per year, but it has changed and you fought three times this last year. How do you this comeback of yours in a good rhythm?

I’m thrilled. That’s what moves me. In September I fought with (Jeff) Monson and I did three fights on this last year, so I’m very happy. I’ll fight in October and I’m hunting fights, because that’s what I like the most, that’s my job. I’m very glad to be back at work, and I’m getting my rhythm back and also my confidence and timing… Everything’s coming back. From Monson to Gary (Goodridge) and then to Shamrock, in each one on these fights I could see some evolution, I was always improving something. That’s giving me rhythm and I’m trying to get back to a higher level. I can’t hope nothing less than a great fight in October, because it’s my obligation to be great due to the rhythm I’ve got, so I’m very glad. I used to fight a lot on UFC and then I stayed for a while without fighting, so I’m starting to get strength and rhythm I had on UFC back, when I used to fight all the time, every three months. Im very happy, I’m thrilled. It was what I needed.

Is there something set to October?

Man, there nothing 100% sure, but we’re working on it. Even if I haven’t signed with any opponent or event, I’m sure I’ll fight in October, it’s 90% sure. It’s best not to say anything since I don’t know when it will be. When everything’s set, I’ll let you know.


-----------------------------

Rizzo quer pegar embalo após novo nocaute
Por Guilherme Cruz
Foto Eduardo Ferreira

Pedro Rizzo reclamou da falta de lutas por muitos anos. Porém, quando o ritmo apertou, o striker mostrou que ainda está em forma. Subindo aos ringues três vezes nos últimos dez meses, Rizzo conquistou três vitórias e vai aos poucos reconquistando a velha confiança. Num rápido bate-papo com a TATAME, que você confere abaixo, o ex-lutador do UFC falou sobre a vitória sobre a lenda Ken Shamrock, sua evolução no último ano e a expectativa para uma luta ainda melhor em outubro deste ano.

O que você achou desta sua última luta contra o Ken Shamrock? Saiu tudo conforme você esperava?

Eu não venci como eu gostaria, eu achei que eu poderia ter vencido no primeiro round porque essa era uma exigência que eu tinha comigo mesmo, não era de mais ninguém, eu achava que eu tinha capacidade de vencer no primeiro round. Venci, mas não lutei ainda como eu quero lutar. Eu acho que ainda estou um pouco lento, pesado, preciso perder peso, ficar mais rápido e ágil, mas já foi uma boa evolução desde a última luta. Eu já lutei melhor agora e acho que em outubro eu vou estar perfeito. Eu vou estar com ritmo, bem treinado e, se Deus quiser, em outubro eu vou lutar de novo e como eu quero que seja. Para eu conseguir lutar em alto nível, tenho que melhorar ainda.

Você acha que o árbitro errou em não encerrar a luta naquele seu último low kick, ao invés de deixar a luta continuar?

Eu achei que, quando ele caiu, o Big John (McCarty) ia paralisar a luta, mas ele não paralisou e eu fui pra finalizar. Eu não acho que o Big John errou, eu acho que hoje em dia os caras reclamam quando param a luta cedo. Eu sabia que o Shamrock não queria lutar mais. Mas o John não errou, eu acho que não. Ele só esperou para ver se o cara queria abandonar a luta.

Você vinha reclamando do pouco número de lutas, em uma época que você estava fazendo uma luta por ano, mas isso mudou e neste último ano você já lutou três vezes. Como você vê essa sua volta em bom ritmo?

Estou felizão. A minha vida é movida a isso. Em setembro eu lutei com o (Jeff) Monson e fiz três lutas nesse último ano, então estou bem feliz. Vou lutar em outubro e estou caçando lutas, porque é o que eu gosto, o meu trabalho é esse. Estou feliz para caramba de poder estar trabalhando, e está voltando o meu ritmo e a minha confiança, o timing de luta... Tudo está voltando. Do Monson para o Gary (Goodridge) e depois para o Shamrock, em cada uma dessas lutas eu tive uma evolução, fui evoluindo em alguma coisa. Isso está me dando ritmo e eu estou conseguindo voltar a lutar em alto nível. Eu não posso esperar nada menos do que lutar muito bem em outubro, porque eu tenho obrigação de estar muito bem devido ao ritmo que eu peguei, então estou feliz para caramba. Eu lutava direto no UFC e depois fiquei um tempo sem lutar, então estou começando a retomar aquela forma e ritmo que eu tinha lá no UFC, quando eu lutava direto, de três em três meses. Estou muito feliz, estou “amarradão”. Era isso que eu precisava mesmo.

Já tem alguma coisa certa para essa sua luta em outubro?

Cara, não tem nada 100%, mas está encaminhado. Mesmo que eu ainda não tenha assinado nada com adversário nenhum, eu tenho certeza de que vou lutar em outubro, isso já está 90% certo. É melhor não falar nada ainda porque eu não sei onde vai ser. Quando eu acertar tudo, eu falo para a rapaziada.

Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM