By Guilherme Cruz
Photo Josh Hedges
Former Pride lightweight Champion, Takanori Gomi made his UFC debut last night, but his performance was far from the outstanding knockouts from the Japanese rings. Facing Kenny Florian, one of the most dangerous lightweights in the event, Gomi was dominated in striking and tapped in a third round real naked choke, which earned Florian the submission of the night bonus. In the co-main event, Roy Nelson defeated Stefan Struve in 39 seconds to earn the knockout of the night bonus.
UFC Fight Night 21
North Carolina, USA
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
- Kenny Florian def. Takanori Gomi by submission (rear naked choke) at 2min52s of R3;
- Roy Nelson def. Stefan Struve by TKO at 39s of R1;
- Jorge Rivera def. Nate Quarry by TKO at 29s of R2;
- Ross Pearson def. Dennis Siver by unanimous decision;
- Andre Winner def. Rafaello “Trator” Oliveira by unanimous decision;
- Jacob Volkmann def. Ronys Torres by split decision;
- Nik Lentz def. Rob Emerson by unanimous decision;
- Gleison Tibau def. Caol Uno by TKO at 4min13s of R1;
- Yushin Okami def. Lúcio Linhares by TKO at 2min27s of R2;
- Gerald Harris def. Mário Miranda by TKO at 4min49s of R1;
- Charlie Brenneman def. Jason High by unanimous decision.
UFN 21: Florian e Roy Nelson faturam bônus
Foto Josh Hedges
As duas principais estrelas do UFC Fight Night 21, evento que aconteceu na noite de ontem nos Estados Unidos, abocanharam os bônus da noite. Pegando a lenda Takanori Gomi com um mata-leão no último assalto, Florian levou o cheque de US$ 30 mil. Na luta anterior, o gorducho Roy Nelson levou o gigante Stefan Struve à lona e faturou o prêmio de melhor nocaute do evento. O animado duelo dos pesos leves Ross Pearson e Dennis Siver foi apontado como o melhor da noite.
Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME