Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bernardo wants to surprise Roger Gracie


By Guilherme Cruz
Photo João França

Weight and absolute champion on the Pan Am, Bernardo Farias wants more. Back to Brazil, the black-belt doesn’t think about resting and is already back to the hard trainings on Alliance. In a chat with TATAME, he revealed his dream of achieving bigger titles. “I’ve been training for a long time and I always got stuck on something. Won one, was the second place on another one, then third... I knew that I could wino n both categories someday, it was just a matter of time. I always go there thinking it can be my turn for winning the championship”, guarantees the black-belt. And the biggest dream of Bernardo is the CBJJ World, with takes place on California.

“My goals are always the CBJJ championships and thank God I’m doing just fine. I closed up the European with Fábio, I consider myself a champion and won the weight and absolute on the Pan.  I’ll fight the Brazilian, World and still think about fighting the Fepa’s championship. The expectations are high. There are two championships before, I’m going step by step on this one, but I hope I’ll be prepared and I’ll do my best to win”, said Bernardo, who probably will confront Roger Gracie on the run for the titles.

“I really admire him, but I’ll do my best to beat him. Besides him, there are a lot of people”, praise the Alliance’s black-belt, who will try to beat the two times world champion on this year absolute, after being submitted by Gracie on the semifinal of the weights on 2009. “I think he’s probably the best athlete nowadays, but I think of surprising him. He’s got a more solid Jiu-Jitsu, he knows his opponent with try to reach certain positions before him. The way is to train the based on a strategy to surprise”, says Bernardo, promising a lot of tears in case he wins the World, just as he did on Pan. “I thought about everything I’ve trained and all I’ve been through to be there... I’ve always wanted to become a Pan Am champion in the same way I want to be brazilian and world champion”.

-------------------------

Bernardo Farias quer surpreender Roger
Por Guilherme Cruz
Foto João França

Campeão peso e absoluto do Pan-Americano, Bernardo Farias quer mais. De volta ao Brasil, o faixa-preta não pensa em descanso e já voltou aos treinos fortes na Alliance. Em conversa com a TATAME, o mineiro revelou o sonho de conquistar títulos ainda maiores. “Eu vinha treinando há muito tempo e batendo bastante na trave. Ganhava um, era segundo ali, terceiro no outro... Sabia que a qualquer momento eu poderia ganhar peso e absoluto num grande campeonato, era questão de tempo. Sempre entro com a cabeça de que posso ser campeão em todo campeonato”, garante o faixa-preta. E o grande sonho de Bernardo é o Mundial da CBJJ, que acontece na Califórnia.

“A minha meta é sempre os campeonatos da CBJJ, e graças a Deus estou indo muito bem. Fechei o Europeu com o Fábio, me considero campeão, e ganhei peso e absoluto no Pan. Vou lutar o Brasileiro, Mundial, e ainda devo lutar os campeonatos do Fepa. A expectativa está grande. Ainda tem dois campeonatos antes, vou dar um passo de cada vez, mas se Deus quiser vou chegar muito preparado e fazer de tudo pra vencer”, afirmou Bernardo, que provavelmente verá seu caminho cruzar com o de Roger Gracie na corrida pelos títulos.

“Eu o admiro muito, mas vou fazer de tudo para vencer. Fora ele, ainda tem muita gente”, elogia o faixa-preta da Alliance, que tentará bater o bicampeão mundial absoluto neste ano, após ser finalizado pelo Gracie na semifinal do peso em 2009. “Ele deve ser o melhor atleta atualmente, mas o caminho é surpreender. Ele tem um Jiu-Jitsu muito sólido, ele já sabe o que o adversário vai fazer e chega nas posições antes. O caminho é treinar uma tática para surpreender”, sintetiza Bernardo, prometendo mais “choradeira” caso vença o Mundial, assim como fez no Pan. “Me veio na cabeça tudo o que eu treinei na minha vida, tudo o que me dediquei e o que abri mão... Sempre quis ser campeão pan-americano, assim como quero ser campeão brasileiro e mundial”.

Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM