Saturday, May 8, 2010

Roger Gracie ready for Strikeforce debut


Photo Eduardo Ferreira

Two-times absolute champion of Jiu-Jitsu, Roger Gracie will enter the Strikeforce’s octagon for the first time in May 15, and is ready to debut in great style. Against Kevin Randleman, a UFC’s former champion with 31 fights on his record, the black belt managed to stay unbeaten on his third fight.

“This fight can lead me anywhere, I have to be ready for everything. I think I’ve trained enough”, said the tough guy, during a phone press conference, saying he is not leaving the mat. “May 15 is my main focus right now, but two weeks later I’ll fight the World Jiu-Jitsu. Before I used to fight Jiu-Jitsu four or five times a year, but I slowed it down so I can concentrate on my MMA fights as well. I think I can do both”, garantees.

Owner of the most famous last name of the international MMA, Gracie doesn’t feel the pressure. “I’m asked this question since I’m 10. Of course I have a big responsibility because of my family name, there were so many good fighters for several years in my family, but instead of letting it affect me, I think it motivates me. I feel I have to train more and be better than anyone else because of my family name”, Roger concluded, who had a lot on injuries during his preparation for his MMA’s  fights, but is already recovered for this new battle.

-----------------------------

Roger pronto para a estreia no Strikeforce
Foto Eduardo Ferreira

Bicampeão mundial absoluto de Jiu-Jitsu, Roger Gracie entrará no octagon do Strikeforce pela primeira vez no dia 15 de maio, e está pronto para estrear em grande estilo. Contra Kevin Randleman, um ex-campeão do UFC com 31 lutas no currículo, o faixa-preta espera seguir invicto em sua terceira apresentação.

“Essa luta pode seguir qualquer caminho, tenho que estar pronto para qualquer coisa. Eu acho que treinei o bastante”, afirmou o casca-grossa, durante uma conferência de imprensa pelo telefone, afirmando que não deixará o pano de lado. “O dia 15 de maio é o meu foco agora, mas duas semanas depois vou lutar o Mundial de Jiu-Jitsu. Antes eu lutava Jiu-Jitsu quatro ou cinco vezes por ano, mas agora diminui para poder me concentrar nas minhas lutas de MMA. Acho que posso fazer ambos”, garante.

Dono do sobrenome mais famoso do MMA mundial, o Gracie não se sente pressionado. “Ouço essa pergunta desde que eu tinha 10 anos. Claro que tem muito peso por trás desse nome, muitos grandes lutadores por tantos anos, mas ao invés de me dar pressão, acho que isso me empurra pra gente. Sinto que sempre preciso treinar mais forte e que preciso fazer melhor que qualquer um porque tenho esse nome”, finalizou Roger, que enfrentou uma série de lesões nas preparações para suas últimas lutas de MMA, mas está 100% para a luta.

Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM