Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bruno Bastos ready for a marathons in the mats


By Gláucia Arakaki
Photo Eduardo Ferreira

CBJJE world champion, the black belted Bruno Bastos want two more titles for his résumé. Settled in the United States since earlier this year, the Nova União’s athlete will fight in the Pan-American of IBJJF, which started yesterday in America, and wants to steal the scene in Abu Dhabi and California. Check below a quick chat we had with the fighter.

What are the expectations for the Pan-Am?

The expectations are very high. I’m a lot more prepared than I was in Houston, when I won on the categories weight and absolute. I know in Pan the level is much higher and will also have greater amount of opponents. Anyway, I do think that categories. Back in Houston, I was recently married and came here with my wife. So now I'm more stable.

How is life in the US?

Life here is great. The beginning was not that easy because I was all alone, but it was a good thing for my career to be alone and then to go and bring my wife here. Now that I’m with her everything is easier for me. She likes it here and I’m well adapted. Sure we miss our families, friends and pupils, but it’s the price we have to pay.

And the trainings, how are they going?

I go to Travis Lutter's gym twice a week and he comes to mine every Saturday with his best athletes as well. Other than that, I got a graduated crowd here doing  my classes and I get to practice with them too. I do fitness with Sayif Saud, who came from Greg Jackson’s championship and pushes me a lot in this part. I miss the trainings in Rio because they had more technical quality, but here I have a better life, my diet is better and I’m paid to be here (laughs). One thing ends offsetting the other.

Who do you think it will be the hardest opponent on the Pan-Am?

I'm not focused on one special fighter because there are a lot of good people in any league you compete. The level of Jiu-Jitsu is very high and are the details that make a difference. I'm calm and confident. I am 30 years old and I’ve been training Jiu-Jitsu for the last 20 years, so I think that experience is a good factor for me.

What are your goals for this year season?

Just want to do is shine in this Pan IBJJF and at Abu Dhabi, which is my main goal. If all goes well, I still fight the NY Open before Abu Dhabi. In July I’ll be in Brazil for World Cup CBJJO and Rio Open, together with the Masters and Seniors IBJJF ... I will make my debut (laughs).

-----------------------------

Bruno: “Quero brilhar no Pan e no Mundial”
Por Gláucia Arakaki
Foto Eduardo Ferreira

Campeão mundial na CBJJE, o faixa-preta Bruno Bastos quer colocar mais dois títulos no seu currículo. Radicado nos Estados Unidos desde o começo do ano, o atleta da Nova União lutará no Pan-Americano da CBJJ, que começa a rolar hoje nos Estados Unidos, e quer roubar a cena no Mundial, na Califórnia. Confira abaixo um rápido bate-papo do casca-grossa com a TATAME.

Quais são as expectativas para o Pan-Americano?

As expectativas para o Pan são as melhores possíveis. Estou muito mais preparado do que estava em Houston, e lá ganhei peso e absoluto. Sei que no Pan o nível será bem mais alto e também terá maior quantidade de adversários de ponta. De qualquer forma, eu penso sim no peso e absoluto. Em Houston, eu tinha acabado de casar e chegar aqui com minha esposa, e agora já estou mais estabilizado.

Como está a vida na América?

A vida aqui esta ótima. O início foi mais complicado porque eu estava sozinho, mas era uma fase necessária antes de buscar a minha esposa. Agora com a Thais aqui facilita tudo. Ela está gostando daqui, eu já estou adaptado. Sentimos saudades de família, amigos e alunos, mas tudo tem seu preço.

E os treinos?

Eu vou à academia do Travis Lutter duas vezes na semana e ele vem na minha todos os sábados, com seus melhores atletas também. Fora isso, já peguei uma galera graduada aqui que faz minhas aulas e aproveito pra treinar com eles também. Faço preparação física com Sayif Saud, que veio do camp do Greg Jackson e me puxa bastante nesta parte. Sinto falta do treino no Rio, tem mais qualidade técnica, mas aqui tenho uma vida melhor, me alimento melhor, além de ganhar pra isso (risos). Uma coisa acaba compensando a outra.

Quem você aponta como a grande pedreira no Pan?

Não estou focado em ninguém especial porque tem muita gente boa em qualquer campeonato que você compete. O nível do Jiu-Jitsu está muito alto e são os detalhes que fazem diferença. Estou com a cabeça boa e confiante. Estou com 30 anos, sendo 20 de Jiu-Jitsu, então acho que a experiência me ajuda.

Quais são os seus objetivos para este ano?

Só quero mesmo é brilhar neste Pan e no Mundial da IBJJF, que é o foco principal. Se tudo der certo, ainda luto o NY Open antes do Mundial. Em julho estarei aí no Brasil para Copa do Mundo da CBJJO e Rio Open, junto com Masters e Seniors da IBJJF... Vou fazer a minha estreia (risos).

Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM