Saturday, July 17, 2010

Xande Ribeiro out for 4 to 6 weeks


By Guilherme Cruz
Photo Eduardo Ferreira

Champion of ADCC in 2009, Xande Ribeiro took his kimono off to compete last weekend on the GP of Grapplers Quest, which would pay US$ 10 thousand for the champion, but he ended up being surprised by the countryman João Assis and loss by 4x2. On a chat with TATAME, Xande revealed that the leg-lock fit by his tormentor on the final, when the fight still pointed 2x0 to João, end up injuring his knee.

“The fight was going well, but I tried a takedown and he got me on the counterattack, doing what he does best, which is to tight a triangle with his legs. He got my leg and I defended it, but e tight my two legs and stuck there struggling. I suffered a leg-lock, I tried to defend myself and I hurt my knee”, explains the black belt, who ended up suffering an injury on his medial lateral ligament. “I already had a problem with my knee… The noise was really loud and everybody thought I had broken my knee or that he has broken my leg… It was the ligament. I went to the doctor and the MRI is scheduled for this week”, tells.

The need of a surgery will be set after the results of the exams, but until then the two-time absolute world champion of Jiu-Jitsu will have to handle his pain. “I can move my leg, but that’s it (laughs). It hurts a little, I’m taking some medicines, I can’t climb stairs, it’s impossible to hold my guard. I don’t know how serious it is, what will tell me is my MRI result”, said, being forced to postpone some of his plans. “I left everything aside now, I’ll take care of my health now which is more important. The time of recovery is, more or less, four to six weeks so that I can come back to my trainings. I’ll have to postpone several projects, but I’ll keep training as much as I can”, concluded.

----------------------

Xande no estaleiro por até seis semanas
Por Guilherme Cruz
Foto Eduardo Ferreira

Campeão do ADCC em 2009, Xande Ribeiro tirou o quimono no último final de semana para competir no GP da Grapplers Quest, que pagaria US$ 10 mil ao campeão, mas acabou surpreendido na final contra o compatriota João Assis e perdendo por 4x2. Em conversa com a TATAME, o Xande revelou que a leg-lock encaixada por seu algoz na final, quando a luta ainda apontava 2x0 para João, acabou lesionando seu joelho.

“Estava uma luta boa, mas fui tentar uma queda e ele acabou me dando um contragolpe, fazendo o que ele faz de melhor, que é fechar o triângulo nas pernas. Ele pegou a minha perna e eu defendi, mas ele fechou as minhas duas pernas e ficou ali brigando. Eu tomei uma chave de perna, fui tentar defender e acabei virando o meu joelho”, explica o faixa-preta, que acabou sofrendo uma lesão no ligamento medial lateral. “Eu já tinha um problema no joelho... Realmente o barulho foi muito alto e todo mundo achou que o meu joelho tinha saído do lugar, que ele tinha quebrado a minha perna... Foi ligamento mesmo. Eu já fui ao médico e a ressonância está marcada para essa semana”, conta.

A necessidade de operação só será definida com os resultados dos exames, mas até lá o bicampeão mundial absoluto de Jiu-Jitsu terá que aguentar as dores. “Eu consigo mexer a perna, mas não consigo fazer nada (risos). Está doendo um pouco ainda, estou sob efeito dos remédios, para subir e descer escadas dói, e fechar a guarda é impossível. Não sei a gravidade ainda, quem vai falar mesmo é a ressonância”, disse, sendo forçado a adiar alguns planos “Agora tudo está em ‘stand by’, cuidar da minha saúde física é mais importante. O tempo de recuperação é, mais ou menos, de quatro a seis semanas para eu poder voltar a treinar com força total. Eu vou ter que adiar vários projetos, mas vou continuar treinando o quanto eu puder”, finalizou.

Comente essa e outras notícias no Fórum TATAME


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS AND OTHER NEWS HERE AND IN TATAME FORUMS

ABOUT ME

My photo
Luzern, Zürich, Schweiz, Svizzera, Suíça, Switzerland, Suisse, Catanduva, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, BJJ MMA SWISS, São Paulo, Switzerland
MMA SWISS ---- This Blogsite is the newest option for news from the world of fighting. This blog content light and unique, written by those who love and understand the sport, the videos on Youtube with NeoFighter TV, and s with exclusive photos from Brazil, Switzerland, Europe and around the world with the best fighters with the best and fights with the biggest events in the world, behind you all the information about what is happening in the world of fights. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, you might like... ---------- Contact: mmaswiss@gmail.com - ------- Esse BlogSite é a mais nova opção de notícias do mundo das luta. Este blog de conteúdo leve e exclusivo, escrito por quem gosta e entende do esporte, os videos no Youtube com a NEOFIGHT TV, e o Flog exclusivo com fotos do Brasil, Suíça, Europa e de todo o mundo com os melhores lutadores, com as melhores lutas e com os maiores eventos do mundo, trás para você todas as informações de tudo que aconteçe dentro do mundo das lutas. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Vale-Tudo/MMA, Submission/Grappling, você encontra aqui.... -------- Contatos : fabadyboy@gmail.com http://www.MMASWISS.WORDPRESS.com

BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU TRIBUTE - MMA SWISS TV

PHOTO GALLERIES: SWISS AND EUROPE

UFC Countdown Clock: NEXT EVENT

MMA SWISS TEAM